Thursday, August 20, 2009

Poop in the tub

Isn't poopie in the tub one of the worst things at the end of a day?!

My angelic Beanie was sent to her room today for throwing jack-in-the-box at me in anger. Yes, she did stay in there...after only a couple attempts at coming out. I'm kind-of proud of her for that. But I was angry at the time!

Throwing things is her new thing when she is frustrated or angry. I'm trying to handle it calmly and patiently, but when jack in his metal box flew through the air and landed squarely on my shin, sending sharp pains down my leg and a red bump immediately popping up, I lost my patience. I shouted 'We do not throw things!' (I wonder what behavior I will be correcting next, perhaps shouting?!) and I told her to go to her room for timeout. She got upset, but she actually went to her room! She only stayed in there for a minute because she is only a year and almost a half, but I think it did the trick...for today.

BTW, I felt terrible for shouting at her. I even called Ashley to cleanse my conscience. I think I picked Ashley because I know she thinks it's OK to raise your voice.

After this incident and a whole lot more whining today, my nerves were a little frazzled, but I was again trying to remain patient long enough to get Beanie into bed. Bath time has been a particularly trying time of the day lately and I have no idea why. She cries when I wash her hair, she cries for different toys, or she just cries the entire time she is in there. It's draining at times.

Tonight's bath was going really well and I thought we were getting through bath without issues-yay! And then there was poop in the tub.

I drained the tub, cleaned the tub, and then the bathtub cleaner fell off the countertop. It lost it's little push spray top and was spraying spewing it's entire contents on the wall, floor, wall, toilet. I flung it into the sink thinking it would quit hurling it's contents. It did... once the entire sink was filled and I thought we were going to be sick from the fumes. Fill up the tub, quickly wash Beanie, wrap her in a towel and get the heck out of there.


Isn't she sweet though? Makes my heart melt


Should I mention that I left the mess in the bathroom for a few hours? And honestly the only reason I went in and cleaned it up was because the fumes were irritating me while I was trying to embroider. Oh no, I do not procrastinate. Especially when it comes to cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment