Tuesday, July 28, 2009

my reality is so different than my fantasy...

Some days or some nights I think about all of the things I'm going to write about on my blog....then I sit down and I can't think of a single thing to blog about.



I did start my 'workout regime' last night. I recently stopped nursing & was worried about putting on some lbs. That wasn't enough to get me outside though. I went to the doctor a couple weeks ago because I was feeling soooo awful and it had been going on for over a week. I was convinced I was dying of some horrible illness by the time I actually got into the dr's office. Lots of questions, a (false, much to Jana's dismay!) pregnancy test, a few vials of blood and waiting another week. Agony. It turns out the blood results show....."I am the picture of health" (dr's words, not mine). OK, then why do I feel so dizzy, nauseated, tired, blah?? The doctor suggested eating better (ugh), drinking more water and exercising (double ugh). BTW, my mom's prescription for me was I should eat more. I told her I didn't want to be fat and sick!



So there I was hitting the streets last night with my running shoes. I envisioned myself running and feeling great. I envisioned a rock hard body by next week. I envisioned stress melting away while I had some time to myself with my endorphins.



My reality was so different. I was tired after 5 minutes. I ran for less than half of my time out there (a fast walk still counts, right?). Instead of melting away anxiety, "I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map..." from Dora The Explorer was playing over and over and over in my head. I was more iritated when I came in than when I started! Well, not really, but I was iritated by the Dora song on repeat in my brain. Ugh.

I guess I can't hit the running trail tonight, Nick is still not home yet from work. Darn! I'll try again tomorrow night and possibly take the iPod with me ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment