Thursday, August 27, 2009

homemade cookies

Nick took today off and he decided sometime this late afternoon that making cookies from scratch was a good idea. He perused cookie recipes in my cookbooks and online, but couldn't decide.

I picked M&M cookies & chocolate chip cookies.

I've never been a good baker, but I always think I can do a really good job. How hard can it be? Follow a cookie recipe and you're rewarded with delicious homemade cookies. Not so much.


Lily picked the peanut butter M&Ms and the chocolate chips out of the batters that she was stirring. Eventually she got tired of it and got down to go play.


The first two batches weren't so good...more cake-y than cookie-y so we re-grouped and tried again.


Notice the pan of huge, flat cookies that oozed into each other. Nick was in charge of that one and I laughed at him (alot) when I saw this pan come out of the oven.


And then the big mess! Yes, it's still in the sink. Tomorrow is another day. We did have a good time though and I know all of the cookies, good and bad, will be eaten!



No comments:

Post a Comment